Thursday 12 December 2013

Production Company Research 2

Production Company Research 2

For our film opening we want to include a large, already exsisting production company to make our opening more professional.  I have taken some examples from my last production research post to help decide whihc company would be most appropriate for our opening.










I feel that the most appropriate production comapny logo for our film opening would be Blumhouse Productions because the company is dedicated to producing horror films so it would be most genre specific for our opening.  I also really like the colours used in the logo and it is quite dreamlike which ties in with the supernatural side of horror.  My second favourite is Lionsgate as the colours and cogs are quite dark and mysterious which could possibly be used for a supernatural horror.  The least appropriate is Paramount as it is uncommonly used in supernatural horror and is too happy and bright for our genre.

I also wanted to deconstruct and critic some exsisting school made production companies to give us an idea of some good and bad things to use when making our own. 


The first video uses "Warner Sisters" which is a referance to the already exsisting Warner Brothers.  This takes away from the professional aspects of the opening and does not make it look realistic.  The colour scheme is quite boring and the typography looks amateur.  I like the way it fades out in a bright light as it is mysterious and could possibly be used in supernatural horror.


I really like the home made production company in this film as the use of the eye is very effective.  I like how it is an actual filmed piece as it looks more professional and the still at the end is edited well and is individual
from other companies.





I really like this group's production company as it looks professional but still different.  It is only a still frame but some editing has been used which makes it interesting.  I do not think it would be appropriate for our genre in specific but maybe for a comedy or rom-com.

No comments:

Post a Comment